September's Plays

Try to remember the kind of September ....

Fall's starting, classes are beginning, and I am getting focused for a busy year. But "The Plays Must Roll".

So I'll take a tip from El Gallo, and take a trip down memory lane, or at least read some classics. I've made no secret of my preoccupation with David Cromer's current Our Town production which began in Chicago at The Hypocrites. I'm fascinated by that company and its artistic director Sean Graney ... and I'm looking at "old chesnuts" in a whole new way. This month may be a bit "bookish", but I'll get back to new works soon enough.

September 6: Oedipus Rex by Sophocles

September 13: Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe

September 20: The Three Sisters by Anton Chekhov

September 27: Man And Superman by George Bernard Shaw

0 comments:

Post a Comment