The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)

As I stated when setting this month up, I am very thankful for the complete works of William Shakespeare.

I am not, however, so thankful for The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare (Abridged) by Jess Winfield, Adam Long, Daniel Singer .

I don't know I have a whole lot to say about it, either. I know it's incredibly popular, and have no idea how I've never seen it. I'm sure that, given enough actor charisma, it can play. But as a script it is ossification in action, a regretful setting down of lazzi that were probably great improvs, but are now simply Someone Else's Schtick. As a show ... I get the joke, but I suppose I can't image why I'd want to watch this condensed Hamlet over Tom Stoppard's The Fifteen Minute Hamlet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment